Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Text From 2018

A quick note, this post is being written via my phone and a new app. So it's mostly just a test.


NOW. The funny.

As I was taking calls the other night, a young man called regarding his phone receiving a strange text. After a bit of questioning, the particulars of the text come through. It was incoherent numbers and letters sent from a very long phone number which also included letters and was time stamped from the year 2018.


Now at first training kicks in, and I start looking for issues in the network. After looking and talking for a few minutes, I catch a conversation in the background that raises my eyebrow: "Dude, where's the tinfoil? We don't have any papers!" And then it also dawns on me that there are a LOT of kids in the background. Then the question that gave it away: (giggles are heard here) "Um, like, (more giggles) am I getting texts from the future? Do I get charged?" (Giggles are really starting now)


Sensing a prank, I calmly explain that if he has a texting package that no, he wont be charged, and that you never know, what with all the time space continueum fluxuations and radiation, it may be. I suggested very, very strongly to wear tin foil hats and hide. The giggles die down, and for a second I can hear gears grinding as his mind tries to wrap around the question of it I'm messing with him. He says thank you, I say good night, and he hangs up.


This is why I love the night shift.


No comments:

Post a Comment